RSAOI NEWSLETTER - 15 MAR 2023
1. RSAOI BOOK CLUB MEET - 16 Mar (Thu) at 6 PM at Cavalier. For more details contact Col ME Fernandez (Retd) at 9916509085.
2. BUMPER TAMBOLA - Bumper Tambola on 18 Mar (Sat) from 7.00 PM onwards at MPH.
3. HINDI MOVIE - TU JHOOTHI MEIN MAKKAAR
(a) STARRING - Shraddha Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Hasleen Kaur
(b) DATE & TIME -
(i) 18 Mar (Sat) - 6.30 PM.
(ii) 19 Mar (Sun) - 3.00 PM & 6.30 PM.
(c) ENTRY – NO ENTRY FEE FOR MEMBERS.
(i) To Reserve Call 9900232500.
(ii) Vacant Seats will be on First Come First Serve Basis.
4. INTER CLUB SPORTS TOURNAMENT WITH BANGALORE CLUB - The Interclub Sports Tournament is being organised by Bangalore Club from 21 Apr to 23 Apr 23 in the following disciplines as per the schedule and location given below :-
(a) Bridge - 21 Apr (Fri) @ 1600 h @ Bangalore Club.
(b) Squash - 21 Apr (Fri) @ 1700 h @ Bangalore Club.
(c) Golf - 22 Apr (Sat) @ 0700 h @ ASC GC.
(d) Tennis - 22 Apr (Sat) @ 1500 h @ Bangalore Club.
(f) Badminton - 22 Apr (Sat) @ 1600 h @ RSAOI Bangalore.
(e) Billiards - 22 Apr (Sat) @ 1800 h @ Bangalore Club.
(g) Cricket - 23 Apr (Sun) @ 0900 h @ RSAOI Bangalore.
Names of Team Captains and their contact Numbers:-
(h) Golf - Col Manish Khullar - 9901310706
(j) Bridge - Brig LS Reddy - 8762173538
(k) Badminton - Col Sanjay Rathee - 8923753099
(l) Cricket - Flt Lt Kuldip - 9844302167
(m) Squash - Col Suresh - 9900601478
(n) Tennis - Col Cariappa – 9611043213
(o) Billiards - Col Balasubramanium - 9686861962
Note – Members Keen to participate, may forward their names to the respective Team Captains or to OIC Sports, Col BG Cariappa @ 9611043213.
5. Members Participation – On 22 Feb 2023 during Patron’s interaction with Members, the Patron desired that Members be involved in the functioning of RSAOI and be part of the Sub Committees.
(a) Members are requested forward their names to the Secretary by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 Mar 2023: -
(iv) Bar & Catering.
(v) IT & Automation.
(vi) Garden Committee.
(vii) Interiors for Guest Rooms, Banquet Halls and Lounges.
(i) Lady Members are most welcome to forward their names.
(ii) Minimum 03 Members are required to form a Sub Committee.
6. PATRONS INTERACTION WITH MEMBERS 22 FEB 2023 – Minutes of Patrons interaction with Members has been despatched on respective emails of Members as an attachment.
7. INAUGURATION OF STAFF QUARTERS :- Maj Gen Ravi Murugan, AVSM, GOC HQ K and K SUB AREA, Patron RSAOI inaugurated the newly constructed RSAOI Staff accommodation on 15 Mar 2023. Members are requested to visit the Staff accommodation at their convenience. The list of Members who contributed towards the staff quarters in the last week are as follows: -
(a) 681 Lt Col TA Srinivas
(b) 8128 Lt Col DD Pande
(c) 8619 Lt Col YG Iyengar
(d) 10205 Cdr VS Gopinath
8. PAYMENT OF ANNUAL SUBS 2023 :- Approximately 207 Members have not yet paid their annual subscription for the year 2023. Members are request to pay at the earliest to avoid further penalty/Termination of Membership.
(a) Before 01 Mar 2023 – Penalty Rs 500/- .
(b) Before 01 Apr 2023 – Penalty Rs 1000/-.
(c) Before 01 May 2023 – Termination of Membership. Fresh Membership would have to be applied for with a penalty of Rs 4,000/- and balance of monthly subscription for the year 2023. (As per Bye Law Para 7 of Appx D to RSAOI Rule No 66)
Note :- This has the approval of the Management.
9. GUEST ROOMS : The RSAOI has been allotted 36 Guest room for Retired / Serving Offrs and their families. Pampa Guest room will not be available for booking with imdt effect till completion of renovation and water proofing.
10. BANQUETS –
(a) MPH (Cariappa Hall) will not be available for bookings from 26 Mar to 24 Apr 23. The MPH will be under extensive repairs and renovation. Inconvenience regretted.
(b) RSAOI has the following for booking.
(i) Lawns of MPH - Approx 200.
(ii) Swimming Pool - Approx 175.
(iii) Wings (Roof Top) - Approx 150.
(iv) Combination of Wings, 50 MG and Jaisalmer - Approx 250.
(v) Bayonet plus hall - Approx 150.
(vi) South Parade - Approx 50.
(vii) Nirvana - Approx 20 to 25.
(viii) Cavalry - Approx 25 to 30.
(ix) Cricket Ground – For receptions having more than 250 guests, the cricket ground would be made available ONLY AFTER APPROVAL OF MGMT.
Note – Tambola will be held in Lawns of MPH/Band Stand/Swimming Pool based on availability, of the venue. The Members will be info in advance.
11. ECHS FLASH MESSAGE - For any query related to ECHS matters, You may contact :-
(a) Col Manish Gupta, Dir ECHS : 9823682799
(b) Col B Girish Kumar, OIC ECHS Cell : 8547550758
(c) Submission of Annual Income Cert of dependents above 18 Yr of age (Excl Spouse) is mandatory (CO ECHS letter No B/49711-NSC/AG/ECHS/Gen Corr dated 01 Mar 2023).
(d) Case of Liver Transplant. Reimbursement Criteria revised vide CO ECHS letter No B/49773/AG/ECHS/Rates/Policy/2023 dated 10 Jan 2023.
12. WEEKEND SPECIAL: - Weekend Special from 17 Mar (Fri) & 18 Mar (Sat) 2023 for Lunch and Dinner.
Waldorf Salad (Veg)
Quinoa & Sprouts Salad (Veg)
RSAOI Chicken Salad
Mini Veg Pizza Platter
Fish & Chips
Grilled Fish with Lemon Butter Sauce
Mini Non Veg Pizza Platter
19 Mar (Sun) - Sunday Special Continental Buffet
VEG & NON-VEG – Rs 440/-
Kids Buffet - Rs 220/-
BUFFET MENU -
Raw Papaya Thai Salad & Kimchi
Cream of Green Peas
Thai Chicken in yellow curry
Pumpkin, Potato & Peanut in Red Curry
Thai Vegetables in Coconut Curry
Pad Thai Veg Noodles
Shangai Veg Fried Rice
Gobi Manchurian (Gravy)
Sweet & Sour Vegetables
Fruit Salad & Ice Cream
(a) ALL THE ABOVE ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.
(b) NO ADV BOOKING OF TABLES. FIRST COME FIRST BASIS.
(c) Members getting more than 10 guests on Friday/Sat/Sun to book Lounge / Joining of tables only in South Parade.
(d) Gate no.4 is available for parking on Weekends.
Col Mario D’Monty (Retd)